Zion Lutheran Church
A welcoming community equipped to grow and reach out to all with the Good News
#1—People will have a vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
One of the most important things we do as a church is assist people’s relationships with Jesus Christ. Certainly worship is one way to develop these relationships which ultimately become strengthened through learning, fellowship, and service events. The new addition offers a number of flexible spaces for all of this to happen. Our hope is that all people can find their niche and deepen their connections with the body of Christ.
#2—To provide worship experiences which will inspire, challenge, and comfort, all who enter the Sanctuary.
Our Sanctuary, with its refurbished organ, screen and projector system, and good sound system, provides a wonderful environment in which to worship. Our new Family Center offers a more contemporary atmosphere as our worship needs continue to evolve.
#3—To be a place where children and young people will learn and grow in their Christian life.
The additional classroom space gives us the capacity to draw more children to the Lord as we express God’s love in fun and creative ways. The kid-friendly rooms offer colorful and engaging environments that appeal to children.
A dedicated youth space offers creative young people a place to gather and express themselves in a variety of ways. The space is equipped with games, food and comfortable furniture.
#4—To continue to have open doors to the community and to work in partnership with them.
As God leads us, our new flexible space allows us to better serve our community needs and establish new relationships.
#5—To continue to grow our global partnerships.
Global partnerships enable us to see more clearly the scope of God’s Kingdom. In our partnership with Mpenda both com munities are strengthened through our growing relationship with each other.
Action of Vision
- Through uplifting worship
- By teaching and learning
- Through faith active in mission
- By accepting change and moving forward
- By leading with vision and passion
- By promoting Christian values
Our mission is to tell the story, deepen our knowledge of the Gospel, and provide the means of grace to all ages through worship and learning experiences.
We will do this by:
Welcoming people to journey with us,
Equipping them to lead,
Growing in faith,
Reaching out beyond our doors, so that the world will know Jesus.
- Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior.
- God has a plan for all of us and he shows it to us in different ways.
- The community is where the faith is lived out.
- We care and love our children and believe we are responsible to help pass on the faith.
- We are ecumenical in our belief and open to all who worship Jesus as Lord and Savior.
- God is known as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We strive to be a friendly, welcoming place.
- We are all ministers and need to identify, nurture, and grow the gifts given to us to further God’s plan of salvation for all.
- Families worship and learn best together.
- The congregation needs to promote positive action toward social concern and justice.
- The power of God’s Word through Jesus can change lives.
- Children and youth are an important focus of the church.
- We care for one another and have a desire to reach out and serve others.
- We believe stewardship is using the gifts God has given us to do the work God has given us to do.
- Our giving is a thankful response to all that God has given to us.